Thursday, April 25, 2013

Flower Power



To make the flower look like its shooting out magic and lights, I used the standard paint tool to add the white dots. A few dots at the base of the flower, and transitioning to a bigger size as it flows out. To give the bokeh effect, I 'spread' the dots by 7-9%. I boosted the opacity to 33%, and made the size around 40%. This was all done using the outer glow in the layer. In the next layer with the strokes, I used the pen tool, then ctrl clicked on one of the lines. I selected the stroke path of a brush, and made sure to simulate the pressure. I used the same steps to create the soft glow around the bokeh, to the wispy strokes. There were pen lines inside the glowing strokes, but when I saved the final overall picture, it got rid of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment